A REVELATION OF THE
EVERLASTING GOSPEL MESSAGE
- Section 1
Having written a treatise called, Enochian Walks in 1694, and having dealt therein with the universal restoration of all mankind, along with the fallen angels, many objections were raised from the illuminated and regenerated as much as from the unenlightened and unregenerate.(3) Which point being not so fully cleared up in that discourse as might satisfy the objectors, I found myself obliged to give a further account concerning this matter, from the deepest ground of revelation that opened itself in me.
For I may truly say I received it not from the wisdom of men or according to tradition, but from the pure manifestation of the Love that did break open its deeps in me.(4) For even though I had heard of such a notion, yet I did disregard it altogether and would not entertain any belief concerning such a reach that should extend so far as to recover the whole lapsed creation, until I had an open vision given to me.(5)
In this vision, my spirit was carried out to behold several regions wherein I saw the dead numerously and variously in their confinements. They, being in dark centers (or realms), bewailed and bemoaned their state, because they had misspent their time while in the body, and had lost their opportunity to take hold of the redeeming Love of Christ.(6)
Then my spirit passed through these regions and was carried beyond them into a Light-Orb Principle (or realm) where I saw the throne of Christ in His Kingly and Priestly office, interceding and pleading the validity of His redeeming blood before the Father.(7) And right next to this throne, I saw the first Adam with his Eve, rejoicing together in hope that the mediatorship of Christ would be of such power and force as would release their offspring out of all woes and miseries, whether while still in bodies of time or out of time.(8)
Further, I saw numerous spirits which appeared as bright flames, flying swiftly into this principle, being set free from the confinements in which they had been.
Whereupon, I, being as a naked spirit there, did ask, "What are these?" (These, being the bright flaming spirits let out of confinement). And the Lord Himself answered this word, "These are those for whom My blood was shed. Though they have been long involved with, and shut up in, the second death,(9) having passed through many agonies and anguishes, they now see how they are set free and come here to be clothed with new and bright bodies."
At this word I saw Adam and Eve rise up with exulting joy, saying, "Thus shall our whole offspring be restored and come in by degrees." At which word I addressed myself to Adam, saying, "How can it be that all should be restored who, from the beginning of the world to the end, did live and rebel in diabolical spirits?"
And it was answered me, "The second Adam, the Lord from Heaven, is more than sufficient to repair that breach that was made by me. Therefore doubt not that salvation shall gain the victory, for Love's Kingdom will swallow up all kingdoms that have been under the diabolical reign."
This was an amazing vision that made me consider and weigh well what might be the meaning of it, for I was still left in some doubt.
Then, a further revelation was given to me by Christ the Lord Himself, who drew up my spirit very near unto Him, saying these words:
"Dost thou marvel at this full and perfect redemption by Me of all creatures in humanity? What wilt thou say if the Love of the immense Deity shall open yet more wonderfully and deep so as to reach the fall of Lucifer(10) and his hierarchy that they too may be restored to their first glory and excellency?"
At this word, I was cast into a silent wonderment, saying within myself, "Lord, who has comprehended or fathomed what the immense Love of God may bring forth?"
So, returning again into my bodily sense, I began to entertain a certain belief in these things and searched the scriptures to see what I could find to bear this out.
Then were opened to me several scriptures concerning the restoration of mankind, such as Romans 5:10,11,14,19 & 21, which were very powerful and convincing proof to me. These scriptures, along with I Corinthians 15:22-- "As in Adam All die, so in Christ shall All be made alive.", and again in I Timothy 2:6, where it is said that He was "given a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time.", with several other scriptures did confirm me a little.
But then I could not satisfy myself concerning the fallen angels that had brought all this mischief upon mankind,(11) since I could not find scriptural ground to support their inclusion in this great restitution. And I had no way to inform my understanding in order to see how this breach could be made up from the ground of scripture, but referred myself to the more immediate revelation of God's mind herein.
And so I passed over it, saying nothing of it until I had a further more clear evidence, which was in the year 1693. Then I had a fresh moving and enkindling upon my spirit concerning this general and universal redemption with many hints and excitements by the Spirit to attend to this point and not to neglect it. I had this word sprung up in me:
"Neglect not to look into this thorough salvation, for though it has been a mystery sealed up and unknown for ages, yet now is the age and time for its publication."(12) This drew my spirit much into the study and investigation of this thing, for I knew no other way to be resolved than by that Spirit which searches the deep things of God's counsel. This Spirit did drive me so deep into this immense Love that I was, as it were, all over-clothed with it.
Then there arose this question within me, "If I am to publish this large dispensation of the Love, what shall I do for arguments to strengthen it against all opposers?"(13) Thus, freely communing with my Lord about this matter, it was said to me, "Fear not, but proceed and go on to vindicate the boundless Love of thy Creator and the precious worth and weight of the blood of thy Redeemer, Who promised He would be with thee to open that which has been locked up in secrecy."
Though controversial issues are a repulsive and unpleasant work to me because I am so wrapped up in the sweet Love Harmony that I do not care to enter into any contest, yet for the sake of such as do earnestly desire to be informed and resolved in this matter, I find myself engaged to give forth what has been so freely communicated to me. But if they would be instructed, let them be of a tender spirit, done with all bitterness, rashness and fury, and let them stand in a childlike simplicity, willing to have the mind of God unfolded or searched out.(14)
Since this issue is a matter of such moment and concern that God Himself requires the uncovering of the deeper and little understood reserves of His Good Will and Love, I will proceed, by the pure dictate of His Spirit, to discover the pillars and foundation of the New Creation, which is by the second Adam, through whom all things are to be renewed.
Now, it is traditionally charged that redemption is to reach no further than to such a number as do receive and believe in Christ while in the body. It is also charged that if they fail to receive Christ here, they are destined to an everlasting damnation. This I deny, especially concerning that eternity of punishment of which they speak.(15)
Because those scriptures mentioned as confirmation of the never-ceasing torments are properly to be understood only for ages of time, which indeed may be long and tedious enough, according as the height of their transgressions have been here. So they will find that that worm of their accusing conscience cannot cease until the determined time, when the celestial Love-fire shall break forth to extinguish it.(16)
For it has been little understood or known what the cleansing work will be and how much is to be done in other regions and worlds. This has been so because it hath pleased the Father of Lights to reserve and conceal what has, is, and shall be undertaken there in these invisible regions.
Therefore, let none be so rash as to judge that nothing more is to be known than what has been reported of, for God doth not bring forth or reveal His counsel and the whole extent of His mind all in one age; no, not even in several ages. For instance, what He revealed in the Patriarchs' days and the first ages of time had their close. Then as occasion was, new prophesies and revelations did succeed progressively, one after another, until after Christ's time.(17)
Now, we are not to think that there was an end, as if no further discoveries should be made of what is still needed to be known. For there are many witnesses, both dead and living, that testify to further and new discoveries relating to the Restoration.(18)
Now as to that dreadful sentence -- all eternities -- that many do pronounce; it is very much a false indictment and trespass of both the justice and truth of God. For God gave that eternity of Life and Being from Himself into the creature. And though sin did happen, being awakened by the subtle introduction of the serpent,(19) and became a limited transgression which admitted that some would reject in their lifetime the grace which brings salvation, yet it should be acknowledged that this was after the likeness of sin under the Old Law and Covenant. For under the New Covenant, God undertakes to blot out all transgression and sin and to be a Law of Life written within by His Spirit.
And this new covenant and purpose stands firm while the other covenant was nullified. So, to assert the idea of eternal torment is very injurious to the Grace of God, for though He may punish for the sin of unbelief (which is the grand iniquity), and chasten and rebuke, yet it is reckoned but as for a moment if you can compare it with the many Circles of Eternity. It is but just with God(20) to save and recover what is His own and which can never be annihilated; that is, the Breath of His Life and the Essence of His own Being.
And then, too, it would be exceedingly diminishing of the Love Benevolence in the manifestation of the great gift, Christ Jesus, that He should be so very weak and incapable of repaying, saving and recovering what was lost by the transgression of the first Adam.(21)
Therefore, let none imagine they do right by God to make him out to be such a chronic avenger against His own creatures (who would never have known any being or existence except for His willing them to be) as though the Eternal Wrath must everlastingly, without cessation, kindle upon them. It would certainly have been much more kind and favoring had the Creator turned them into a Non-entity or "No-being" again.
Therefore, God cannot take it well from any who should present Him as such an unreconcilable Father to His offspring. For though they have proved rebellious and obstinate, with great despitefulness to His grace,(22) yet He cannot cease to be a Father to that eternal spark and spirit that is of His Own Being in all of mankind, yea and in angels, too.
It is sufficient that some are banished for a Time and Times; and some who have been even more rebellious, should be banished within the Circles of Eternity.(23) Which Circles of Eternity, I have been made to understand, have their limitation as if they were in the number of outward time. The consideration of this sentence may sufficiently bring fear upon any soul to keep it from disregarding and neglecting the time and season of God's Love-offers to it. Therefore, they need no more terrible sentence than Christ has passed, "Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" --Luke 13: 27, 28.(24)
But this is not to be reckoned forever, as worlds without end. Love and Light, I confess, is without limits or bounds, but death, darkness, curse and punishment must unavoidably have their end. For only that which has no beginning, as Love, Wisdom and Goodness, must abide and can have no end. It must drown and swallow up whatever is its opposite. Oh, that I could persuade, or rather that the Love which dwelleth in me might open and enkindle such enlivening flames as may devour these harsh and careless conclusions which make God so unreconcilable to that which has issued forth from Him.
Let me therefore entreat you to whom this comes, that you pass a favorable estimate upon your fellow creatures, though you have been as the beloved Jacob, and your brethren abide still in Esau's nature. It is said, The fire of Jacob shall consume the stubble of Esau. What fire is that? It is not the fierce wrath-fire but the Love-fire that must do this cure.(25)
Oh, methinks we ourselves have so much fallen away from this nature of Love that even though we cannot love or indulge the sin in our fellow members, yet we cannot fall upon him as the father upon the prodigal. We should be able to send out our fire-Love's Sparks and pour out our oily meekness as true Samaritans to heal him and perform the office of our blessed Jesus who came to seek and save that which was lost.
For I am well assured that if this everlasting gospel of Love was better understood and clearly explained (accompanied with the flaming Love of the Holy Ghost), it would convert and affect more hearts and be as the golden net that would drag in thousands out of the sea of this worldly principle to the Shore, so that there they might sit down in rest and great refreshing.(26)
Blessed are those that shall be publishers who shall go forth with this everlasting gospel message. The sound of it shall reach both to them that are dead and in prison,(27) as well as to the living. Let this not seem to be a hard saying, for Christ went to preach to the spirits in prison (I Peter 3:19,20 & 4:6) that were so long disobedient before. This gospel is given me to understand that it is the Love and Good Will that is to be preached until all regions, centers and worlds shall be given up to the Power (God) that shall constrain them to yield themselves up to be metamorphosed (changed) into a new creature. For which, Oh God, hasten thy messengers that may proclaim this blessed Jubilee!
But here it may be objected, "It may be dangerous to publish a doctrine universally which declares that after this life there may be hopes of restitution into the same glory and liberty with the children of Light." In answer to this, I shall refer you to a treatise, entitled, The Eight Worlds, etc.(Ed.'s note: This book is available in print, and will be published on the Internet soon enough. Write and ask for the print version if desired.) in which are revealed the degrees of corrections and purifications needed in order for preparation for admittance into the higher ranks and orders belonging to the redeemed.(28)
And as for supposing that such a teaching would cause some to take unlawful liberty while still in the body and be more wild and wicked, we may conclude there will be no such occasion taken. They shall know that they must then pass through such bitter anguishes and torments as is enough to deter any from being diabolical in their manner of living. For they shall not know how long their term of suffering may be under the power of the cruel and dark prince who rules in the airy regions.
3. This is not to be a cause for wonder, seeing that very much of what is taught even those who are regenerated, comes from the Babylonish systems of men and is but man's tradition. It rests upon another foundation than the Rock of our Salvation. Nor should we wonder much that those who are yet unregenerate, but who have heard or been taught the traditional teachings of error are persuaded thereof. For the Great Whore sits upon many waters (people) and has made the whole world drunk with the wine of her fornications, meaning, in her departure from the true Spirit of God, she had caused much of mankind to be unstable in its walk and unclear in its vision due to drinking of the spirit of error.
4. It is remarkable that so many of God's most devoted servants have come into this particular truth in their later years as their relationship with Him has become closer and their love for Him and their fellow man has intensified. To name a few, Jane Leade, Andrew Murray, Hannah Whitall Smith, Hannah Hurnard, William Law, A. P. Adams, William Barclay, the apostle Paul and Abraham Lincoln. There is no question that this teaching requires maturity of a marked degree for acceptance. It is the teaching concerned with fullness.
5. There are various kinds of visions. There is the night vision, which is a supernatural dream that conveys the mind of the Lord. There is the vision which one sees while in a trance or while praying. It is characterized by seeing even though the eyes are shut. Then there is the open vision which is seen with open eyes as super-imposed over everything the eyes should naturally see.
6. One of the greatest misconceptions held about the teaching of the restitution of all things is that there is no hell. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The only difference between what restorationists believe and what the eternalists believe, is that hell is not forever and it is corrective.
7. It must be brought out with great emphasis that Christ, as shown here, is not pleading the validity of His blood in the sense of fearing that its validity might not be accepted, or that He must somehow appease the wrath and anger of the Father. This is Babylonian nonsense. He is merely presenting the efficaciousness of His blood in and through His kingly and priestly office.
The sweetness and goodness of the Father and His kindness toward us, His offspring, is boundless. He is the great Abyss of Love and Amiability directed toward His creation. The sacrifice, the blood, which Christ is here presenting to the Father was the Father's own thought. Christ's sacrifice is the expression of the Father's love for mankind.
8. William Law, in his inimitable way, states the following: "It follows that there was an utter impossibility for the seed of Adam ever to come out of its fallen state, or ever have another or better life than they had from Adam, unless such a son of man (as Jesus Christ) could be brought into existence, who had the same relation to all mankind as Adam had, who was as much in them all as Adam was, and who had as full power, according to the nature of things, to give a heavenly life to all the seed in Adam's loins, as Adam had to bring them forth in earthly flesh and blood. . . .The doctrine of our redemption absolutely asserts that the seed of Christ was sown into the first fallen father of mankind, called the seed of the woman, the bruiser of the serpent, the engrafted word of life, called again in the gospel 'that light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.' Therefore Christ was in all men, in that same fullness of the relation of a Father to all mankind, as Adam the first was.
"Secondly, Christ was born of Adam's flesh and blood, took the human nature upon Him, and therefore stood as a human creature in the same relation to mankind as Adam did. Nothing, therefore, was further wanting in Christ to make Him as truly a natural Father of life to all mankind, as Adam was at first, but God's appointment of Him to that end. Now that God did this, that Christ came into the world by divine appointment, to be the Savior, the resurrection and life of all mankind, is a truth as evident from Scripture as that Adam was the first man.
"And thus it appears, in the utmost degree of plainness and certainty, that Christ in His single person was, according to the nature of things, as fully qualified to be a common Redeemer as Adam was, in his single person, to be a common father of all mankind. He had His seed in all mankind, as Adam had; and He had the human nature, as Adam had; and He had the same divine appointment, as Adam had."
9. Hear what another says about the lake of fire, which is the second death. Preston Eby says, "I believe every word that the Bible says about the lake of fire; I don't believe what Rome says about it, nor what apostate Churches say about it, nor what tradition says about it; but I certainly believe what the Bible says about it.
"The teaching concerning the lake of fire does not appear anywhere in the Scripture except in the book of Revelation where it is spoken of in the following passages: Rev. 14:10-11; 19:20; 20:10; 20:13-15 and 21:8. There should be no question as to the certainty of this lake of fire; neither should there be any doubt as to the awful consequence of having to be cast into it.
"Because of the gross misunderstanding of almost all people concerning the lake of fire, I would like to draw your attention to three words found in the passage quoted above. 'But the fearful, and unbelieving, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire which BURNETH with FIRE and BRIMSTONE: which is the second death.' The word BURN means combustion, or to consume. To consume does not mean to annihilate, for there is no such thing as annihilation in the absolute sense. When fire consumes a log in your fireplace, it does not destroy any of the elements within the log, it merely changes their form.
"In my study of the lake that burns with fire and brimstone I was very much helped and impressed by the understanding given by Charles Pridgeon and I would like to quote from his scholarly work on the subject of BRIMSTONE. He says: 'The Lake of Fire and Brimstone signifies a fire burning with brimstone; the word brimstone or sulphur defines the character of the fire (Editor's emphasis). The Greek word THEION translated brimstone is exactly the same word THEION which means divine.
' Sulphur was sacred to the deity among the ancient Greeks; and was used to fumigate, to purify, and to cleanse and consecrate to the deity; for this purpose they burned it in their incense. In Homer's Iliad (16:228), one is spoken of as purifying a goblet with fire and brimstone. The verb derived from THEION is THEIOO, which means to hallow, to make divine, or to dedicate to a god (See Liddell and Scott Greek-English Lexicon, 1897 Edition). To any Greek, or any trained in the Greek language, a 'lake of fire and brimstone' would mean a 'lake of divine purification.' The idea of judgment need not be excluded. Divine purification and divine consecration are the plain meaning in ancient Greek. In the ordinary explanation, this fundamental meaning of the word is entirely left out, and nothing but eternal torment is associated with it' --End Quote by Charles Pridgeon.
"I realize that the above thoughts define the subject very briefly, but let us summarize the meaning thus: BURN means combustion; to change the form of. FIRE means heat and light. BRIMSTONE means divine. Putting these three together, can we not see that the lake burning with fire and brimstone is, actually, DIVINE HEAT AND LIGHT PRODUCING A CHANGE! Is such a process eternal? All the laws of nature shout that it is not!" Our God is a consuming fire.
10. Lucifer is a name that is nowhere in Scripture given as Satan's name, though he is referred to as an angel of light. Lucifer means, "light bearer or light bringer."
Being able to believe all that Divine Love has chosen to do has just been too much for some. But, that God would think to save, not only the 1% we have seen come to Him during the Church Age, but also the 99% we have thought were lost, is witnessed to by the parable of the Good Shepherd leaving the 99 and going after even one lost sheep. Shall He not, then, leave the 1% and go out after the 99% until He has found them?
11. God's Love has been a great stone of stumbling for man since the outset. The Jew simply could not believe that God would include the Gentile, whom the Jew had battled in so many wars, in the commonwealth of God. The Christian cannot believe that God will include all mankind and mankind cannot believe that God will include the fallen demonic spirits. I know some who cannot believe that God will include Hitler because of his great and terrible atrocities committed against the Jews. Yet Love excludes none of its creation because of Its very nature. Please keep in mind that Jane did not have access to a Strong's or Young's Concordance with which to search out these scriptures.
12. Jane lived in the 17th century, the beginning of the close of this age. Therefore, as the fullness of the age comes on, the fullness of the gospel as it pertains to the fullness of Christ's salvation, must be unveiled. In His infinite wisdom, God hid this glorious message by faulty translations, as they pertain to this subject, by shedding little light on it, and through the fact that men for so long walked in so little general knowledge and understanding. For many centuries few could even read the Bible for themselves. Much of what God is now saying concerning the final restitution of all mankind has been purposely hidden. Daniel was told to, "shut up the words and seal the book, even unto the time of the end: (until) many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." --Daniel 12:4.
13. Just as there have been opposers of every truth God has ever revealed to the Church, there are opposers of this truth of the restoration of all. It is very wise, upon hearing this new and quite radical departure from traditional thought, if one can find it within himself not to actively fight against it, but simply put it to one side and wait for the Holy Spirit to shed further light on it. We have been so opposed by some who, thinking they do God a service, actually lie outright about us in order to lessen our credibility. Thus, they have ignorantly put themselves at odds with God and have made themselves murderers in the true New Testament sense of the word. Please do not so oppose this message that you shut the door to the Holy Spirit as He would continue to lead you into all truth.
14. The final adornment to the Temple of Wisdom that God is raising up is Love springing forth from the Golden Flower within. This, Solomon's temple, cannot be raised to its final completion until David's wars have ceased in us. We must come to an even temper and pass from our sea of glass mingled with fire, having gotten the victory over the beast and his image, to stand upon our sea of glass wherein there is never a ripple of anxiety or discontent.
15. Jane never mentions in all of her arguments for the restoration of all mankind, the reason for the error of the doctrine of eternal torment in the first place. She apparently was ignorant of the faulty translation of the word, aion in its adjective form, aionion. It is upon the mis-translation of this one Greek word that the entire doctrine of eternal torment rests. No one contests the assertion that aion means age, but when using its adjective form, aionion, they argue that it no longer means age, but the opposite; eternity, forever, forever and ever, everlasting, world, world without end, etc. Yet, even without this knowledge or concordances or study helps available to us, surprisingly, Jane still comes to the accurate conclusion that God will ultimately bring all to Himself, even though she originally had doubts about it.
16. This fire is here said to be unquenchable. This in no way means that the fire cannot nor will not go out by itself when it has accomplished its work. But until that has happened, it is indeed unquenchable.
17. I sometimes wonder what others think of the tremendous departure from tradition that issued forth from the upper room on the day of Pentecost. It was not scriptural! There was no precedent! I can just imagine Pharisees saying, "Show me! Show me in the Bible where it says that we are to speak in tongues!" Remember, Paul had not yet come on the scene with his teachings of the subject. But God reserves to Himself the right to introduce new and fresh things as the time and nature of things demand them.
18. One of the most clear indications that God will restore all who fell in Adam is, to my mind, found in the illustration wherein God slays an animal and covers (atones) Adam's nakedness. Now remember that Adam is the federal head of all mankind. What he does is passed on to all his progeny and not one is excluded. He fell, therefore all his progeny who were yet in his loins are brought forth as fallen man upon the strength of their complete oneness with Adam. Ah! But that works to man's good also, for if God shed blood in order to cover Adam's nakedness, then all Adam's descendants, who were yet in his loins, were covered also!
19. I do not know what Jane's understanding was as to who or what the Serpent was. It is certain that God reserved some things for our time that He had not yet revealed in other times and ages. This much we know, the Serpent was not a snake which ate dirt and spoke with humans. This was figurative and symbolic. God said to the Serpent, "Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life." --Gen. 3:14. Then He turned to the man and said, "Dust thou art and unto dust shalt thou return" --Gen. 3:19. Fallen Adam is the dust which is to be meat for the Serpent to eat. The carnal nature is the Serpent's portion and he has a legal right to it. Satan is not some little man in a red suit with horns and a pitchfork out there somewhere. He is closer to us than that. He is not the carnal mind. He is a spirit incarnated in the carnal mind and expresses himself through the carnal nature and mind of man. He is that spirit which now worketh in the children of disobedience. He need not be omnipresent. He is everywhere a man is.
20. Here, Jane takes note of something that so many of His children overlook; His justice. There is not one justice for His creation and another justice for God. Too often we fail to realize that God cannot and will not be deprived of His justice. Is it just to acknowledge that God could have prevented the fall of man, but didn't; could have provided a remedy equal to the problem, but didn't; could still intervene in such a way that men born in sin without a nature that desires God would be provided for, but doesn't? Brethren, to attribute such to God is unjust and robs Him of His justice.
21. It is just here that so many fall short of a true and accurate estimate of our God and Father. He is largely purported to be a veritable monster by most of His own children. Nothing but a monster would have brought about a condition through which 95% of His creation will be eternally lost and then, along with those few He was somehow able to save, rejoice over their condition throughout that eternity. He is repeatedly shown by most of His children to be much much less in ability to restore than Satan is to damage and destroy. Yet, a clear vision of God and of His ways demolishes such a view as that. His very essence is Love and His original thought toward man was good and cannot change.
22. It is difficult for me to understand why so many seem to fail to realize that fallen man is in no position to recognize and embrace that which is good and virtuous. He is a blind creature with no ability to get up from where he is fallen and return to His first position in God except, except the Spirit of God should draw and call him to Himself. Yet there are many scriptures which attest to the fact that God, for His own wise purposes, has not called or drawn all mankind during this present age, but rather has taken out of the nations a people, a firstfruits people for His namesake, and "in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" -Ephesians 2:7. To whom will He reveal all this kindness lavished upon us? To those who are yet to be reconciled to Him! In the ages yet to come. "No man can come to Me, except the Father who hath sent me draw him . . ." -John 6:44 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, shall draw all men unto Me" -John 12:32.
23. It is extremely unfortunate that the translators of the KJV inserted an English word, eternity, for which there is no corresponding Greek or Hebrew word. There is no word in either Greek or Hebrew which carries the meaning our English word, eternity, carries; that is, endlessness. Olamim, the Hebrew word which is closest to the Greek word aionios, means an indefinite period of time. Granted, the period of time spent is not known, but it is a period of time and therefore must have an end. This is true also of the Greek word, aionion. I must confess that I have no light on the circles of eternity that Jane here alludes to, but draw your attention to her statement that even these have their limitation.
24. The weeping and gnashing of teeth here is brought on by exclusion from the kingdom. In the instance cited by Jesus in Luke 13:27, it is spoken to the Jews who have, for 2,000 years, watched while others have been included in all the privileges and liberties of the kingdom, along with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob while they themselves, the rightful heirs, have been excluded. Yet, though 2,000 years, an age, is admittedly a long and tedious length of time, still, it is by no means forever and without end. For we have the word of the Spirit: "And so all Israel shall be saved . . ." -Romans 11:26.
25. Oh! That we but knew the true nature of our God! It would completely change our views and understanding of so much. "And saviors shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord's" --Obadiah 21. To judge in the sense as is here used means simply to put in order that which is out of order; to make right that which is not right. It is not the harsh, crushing, negative judgment of which so many think. It is the alteration which takes place through the application of God's love-fire in His own ones and has as its results the natural and final outcome of infinite grace.
Those who shall be God's representatives in the earth shall know perfect union with His heart; perfect union with His will and purpose; perfect union also with the power of Love to bring about the transformation needed in the fallen nature of those yet unchanged.
26. I believe this is why God has hidden this message that is to go forth as in keeping with the spiritual feast of Tabernacles. This feast is known as the great ingathering and is to be kept after the harvest of grapes and figs, leaving only the harvest of the trees (fruits), that is, the harvest of the nations. This, the most glorious of all messages is the true "gospel of the kingdom (which) shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all nations; and then shall the end come" --Matthew 24:14.
27. It should be of immeasurable comfort and reassurance to all who have been separated unto this gospel, that though the visible numbers to which they minister are but few and often very scattered, yet we have it on good authority that the sound of this trumpet does in fact penetrate beyond the physical walls within which we speak. That cloud of innumerable witnesses is often gathered at our meetings and gatherings to hear this remarkable testimony to the utter goodness of God, and are helped by what they hear. Paul said in his day, "But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their (the messengers of the gospel) sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world" --Romans 10:18. The words spoken under the true unction of the Holy Spirit are spiritual and cannot be limited by physical bounds. There is much which could be said on this subject which would support the idea of other worlds hearing the sound of the gospel as it is preached.
28. Let me say here that such an objection, which I have heard again and again put forth foolishly, is specious and groundless. It implies that we are serving God only because we are afraid of going to an eternal hell if we don't. While there is some truth to the fact that many of us do start out after God because of fear, we do not serve God in truth because of fear, but out of love to Him. As the song says, "It was grace which caused my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved." Let me say very clearly; If you serve God only because you are afraid of going to an eternal hell if you don't, you might as well stop now and enjoy yourself. God will not accept service to Him on such meager grounds. It must be upon the ground of Jesus Christ, who is the Father's expression of His goodwill toward all mankind.